Monday 14 January 2008

Pewter says what now?

So. My lovely brand new Toshiba laptop which I spilt hot tea on in its first week but is now fine - just needed to dry out like som sort of sordid crack addict - came with some pre-loaded Microsoft software.

Now, this is different form what I've used before, cos when I do Word and Excel it's all different menus and stuff. I am pretty sure it isn't Vista, but how do I find out what it is?

And, whilst you're at it, how do I get myself some of this so-called 'software' and what type should I get?

4 comments:

Dan said...

It's Office 2007. Get used to it; it will take you a while. But there's no going back.

Oh, and as for other software, go for Firefox. That is all...

Rob said...

Good man. I am sort of getting used to it.

what is this firefox of which you speak? what do I need it for?

twellve said...

i hate office 2007. it's a user experience nightmare (no wonder why you like it, dan).

as for software, depends on what you want to do with your computer...

Anonymous said...

Firefox is a super-cool, groovy internet browser - and free.

Internet Explorer is like the old dog that soldiers on, whereas Firefox is the young and lively puppy dashing between it's legs.

Or, if you're an "The Empire Strikes Back" fan, Explorer is the AT-AT Imperial Walker and Firefox is a Rebel Snowspeeder, weaving between it's legs, bringing it crashing down in a blaze of fire, metal and smoke (wow, I'm really building Firefox up here).

Get it here - www.mozilla.com/firefox/