Saturday 5 April 2008

Fitness

Whilst I ramble on about nothing, living up the this blog's title, I know many of you are concerned about my fitness. People are meeting in village halls up and down the country to ask: yes, but what about the runs round the park? How are the new trainers? People are no doubt thinking of writing in their thousands to demand an update.

Well, the new trainers are fine, the I regret to inform you that the body is less fine. I am the same weight as last year, but less fit. I am niggly when I run, so I don't enjoy it as much. Whereas this time last year I was bouncing round the park and setting records in June (16:30) and August (16:25) today I loped round in a miserable 18:53.

It's time to redouble efforts. Cut excuses. To fight the advancing years.

Today I saw an old man of about 65 shuffling round the park, slowly but not inexpertly. A few years ago I may have seen only his ludicrous tight shorts and a vest. Today I saw a role model.

No comments: