Tuesday 30 October 2007

Broken Chipolata

I have broken ANOTHER finger. That's all of them at least once, and some of them twice. Did it playing hockey and now it's bent. I suppose I must go and get it seen to tomorrow.

It certainly reminds you of how handy a hand is. It really is amazing. It's funny to think of someone thinking that for the first time and then describing something else as 'handy'.

I have cunningly taped (see below) said finger up with sellotape and - symbolism alert - my old Serco work pass. Very professional job is what you're thinking. So the tattered remnants of my career as a consultant continue to support me, but soon they will be taken off for good and my finger will have to fend for itself.

All I have is myself, a few possessions and some talented and generous friends and acquaintances.

Handy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do your hands look like this?

Rob said...

Brilliant! I love that guy. I feel a bit silly now.

Laura said...

Aww, I'm sorry to hear about 'handy.' Good use of symbolism though, it brought a tear to my eye. Just remember that it could always be worse, as evidenced by the picture your friend Jon posted..very funny!