Friday 28 March 2008

Blimey...it's Obama, apparently

I read with surprise that Obama is virtually now assured of the Democratic nomination.

Surprise because I had no idea this was the case, in fact from my hurried scans of last weekend's papers it seemed that Clinton was in fact favourite, especially given these 'revelations' about Jeremiah Wright.

Perhaps I was distracted by charts showing that against McCain, Clinton was well behind, and Obama still behind but less so. Anyway, it appears Obama will be the Democratic candidate.

I think I'm pleased, I don't really know why. I think it's because I want people to like America again, an only Obama can do that, in my view. I can't bring myself to fully trust Clinton. She looks and sounds a bit shifty, and definitely desperate. And she likes Heather Mills.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, if you hold it against Clinton because she likes Mills, what do you think of Sir Paul? It would follow, not much, as "he liked Mills" so much that he married her...without a prenup.

Obama is a charmer but "it ain't over till it's over". Will certainly have to go down as one of the longest election campaigns in history. Gore should have come back. What better position to save the planet than from the White House.

Sending good wishes to your friend, Amanda, for her continued wellness of body and spirit. Z

Rob said...

Yes, good point. However, on account of me actually being genuinely in love with Macca, I have a capacity to ignore anything he does wrong (generally being a bit irritating, marrying Mills, the Frog Chorus), so I can just carry right on loving him.

It's just that doing anything other than love him seems to me to be quibbling over details. I mean, the man wrote Yesterday!