Saturday 22 March 2008

Macca

I listened to a broadcast by Paul McCartney last year. I'm not even going to START on the whole Heather Mills thing, but he mentioned this band, the Guillemots and so instantly I went out and bought the album. It was pretty good at the time and I really liked it.





















Two or three weeks ago I put it on again and my GOD. It is so good now. Like wine, it seems to have come of age. I cannot stop listening to it. It is heartbreaking and gorgeous and I recommend it to everyone. They have a new album out too, I think, as a sort of bonus.

But love was not enough to hold my grip
Can't you just feel my fingers slip
Into those oceans in the sky where people swim
Oceans in the sky calling me in
Oceans in the sky I tell myself
Though I'm not kidding anybody else
They know I'm leaving
They know that I'm leaving this behind

So I'm leaving my best friend
Just for the hell of it
Just for the sake of it
But how much I loved you


I think we're alone now it isn't.

2 comments:

Amanda McLaughlin said...

sad,sad words, but apt as I am drowning in sentimentality at the moment. I'm recovering from a very scary health failure that brought me two surgeries away from a complete shutdown of my body.

Perspective is seeping out of every orifice right now and I want you to know that I love you and our friendship and all the inanity therein. I am, and will always be, grateful

Rob said...

And this is where the glass leaves the lens
Splintering a chemistry of friends
I'll treasure you always
You know I love you


I'll e-mail. X