Friday 2 May 2008

Observations

1. I noticed the first murmurings of disapproval from people after not voting yesterday. First time in my life. Is it because I'm old and you are too? Will be interesting to see turnout figures.
2. But do we really need more elected politicians? Does anyone actually know how power for council / local authority / regional assemblies / Mayors / MPs / MEPs breaks down?
3. Does anyone care?
4. I would love to know how the greatest city in the world ended up with a choice between a reformed Trotskyite pseudo revolutionary crony-favouring lizard and an irrelevant Toff.
5. I still don't trust David Cameron.
6. Gordon Brown looks increasingly like a a plastic head on a stick.
7. The weather is shit. Secretly I'm glad.
8. The BBC News really does look like Brass Eye these days. ITV news has done so since before Brass Eye.
9. The Apprentice editors are now looking like bigger idiots than those on the show, and that's saying something after that little toerag Kevin in the week. Their lack of nuance, and faith in our ability to detect subtlety is surely plumbing new depths. Please, just show us what happened.
10. Toe rag. One word? What is a toe rag? Toe rag. It's a rag specifically for toes.
11. Peep Show is back. Best Britsh comedy since Spaced.
12. I like you, and ft you can't handle me liking you, you can just fuck off.

1 comment:

Steve said...

I have decided to spend my weekend going through all 57 thousand 500 and 25 blogs written by Londoners.

It's my screwy way of making me feel like I actually LIVE in this city.

Am enjoying yours and shall bookmark it.

I thought you might like to know that you are (in the search) blog number 325.