Wednesday 7 May 2008

Some revision stats

Now, I like a good statistic, but not as much as Dan, so given the customer-centric nature of this blog here are some stats to help him out. He requested some information about my revision. Now, revision is somewhat subjective, and much of what I'm doing is learning for the first, not second, time. We called this 'vising' not 'revision', and the estimated vising / revision ratio is:

80:20

For every 1 item of knowledge I knew (and revised) I am learning 4 new items (vised).

Other figures:

Estimated number of hours vised / revised to date: 210 (21/34 days total)
Estimated hours to go: 130 (11 days to go)
Total time elapsed: 62%
Total info memorised (vised): 50%
Procrastination %: 20% (per day)
Procrastination % (total since start of vision): 40%
Average number of hours at desk: 12
Hours at desk today: 14
Panic factor: 3/10 (rising)
Boredom factor: 8/10 (falling)

I wanted to show an upward curve of effort to time but my excel skills are now so limited I kept on producing a graph which had % vised totalling 200% by the exams - which Iassure you is not the case. Pathetic. Dan, help.

A rough breakdown of time spent per day is as follows:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is very good. Very good indeed. As ever, some comments. (Although judging by our recent conversation, comments have been lacking on my part, for which I can only apologise.)

Your vision/revision ratio is 80:20, not 20:80, I believe, judging by the subsequent statement.

I love our newly introduced word "vising". Much better than "vision", which already has its place in the English dictionary.

Send me the data and I'll produce a graph.

The pie chart (I always used to think they were called pi charts, given the beauty of pi and its relation to circles) is poetry. Interesting how staring and dozing are grouped together. I'm wondering whether the time spent blogging included or excluded the post itself. I'm also worried about your lack of eating. You need to eat more, Rob. Build up your strength!