Wednesday 5 September 2007

I'm rich baby!

Can I let you into a secret? It seems I am going to be rather rich, due to a quite amazing coincidence. I mean, we still need to discuss in detail our 'participation and modalities', but I am very confident that Mr Obi Julius and I can soon share the great wealth of Mr Elliot Archer between us.

I am really very excited.

Dear Archer,

My humble pleasure to write you this important letter since you have the same surname with my late customer which is suitable for this deal,I was able to get your contact through an international profile in my earnest searching for a reliable and trust worthy person that can handle this confidential transaction with me.

I am a top management staff in a bank here in Nigeria. I have been working in this bank since the year 2000.I have urgent and very confidential business proposition for you. In January 2002, A Gold Merchant (Mr. Elliot Archer) made a numbered-time (fixed) deposit for twelve calendar months in a Domiciliary Account in my Branch running into a very large sum of money. At the time of opening this account, he did not name a next of kin promising to do so in his next visit to Nigeria. He never came back and nobody heard from him. Upon maturity, I sent a routine notification of Account Status to his forwarding address but got no reply. In February 2005, we sent a reminder of same letter and finally we discovered from his contact employers that Mr. Elliot Archer died of heart failure.

After further investigation in Oct 2006, I found out that he did not leave a "WILL" and all attempts to trace his Next-of-kin were fruitless. I therefore made further investigation and discovered that the late Mr. Elliot Archer did not declare any Next-of-Kin in all his official documents, including his bank deposit Papers. This sum of money is still floating in our Bank and the interest is being rolled over with the principal sum at the end of each year. No one would come forward to claim it. According to the local Laws, at the expiration of 6 (six) years, the money will revert to the ownership of our bank if nobody applies to claim the funds.
Consequently upon the above, my request is that I would like you to stand in as the Next-of-kin to the late Mr.Elliot Archer since you have the same surname with him,I would document you in our records here as the next of kin to the man so that you can make claims to the deposit. With me here your claims will be approved without delay and the funds transferred to your nominated bank account. Though we need to discuss in detail as to our participation and modalities. Be assured that I am in charge and there will be no problem but I'll not fail to beg you to observe religiously the high level of secrecy required in this deal for us to succeed.

Please I await your urgent response.

Yours faithfully.
Mr. Obi Julius.
Bill & Exchange

8 comments:

AnthonyProctor said...

I hope you don't think this is real, I have received the same email.

Anonymous said...

You can't keep a good sucker down.

(That's what I hear anyway... It was from a guy in a local bar that promised me he could double my money in 7 days - all I had to do was give him a blank dated cheque and he'd do the rest...)

Rob said...

what, the SAME E-MAIL???

claudia said...

yep, i got the same email too. This is a total scam DONT DO IT seriously

diagonalizador said...

Hey rob, I have received the same email too, i wrotes:
"Hi, what should i do?" and he writes me another time and say me this:
"Dear Ibarra,



Thank you for your mail,I want to assure you that all
processes will be executed in a legitimate legal arrangement that will
protect you from any breach of the law because your claim is going to be
official and 100% sure with my assistance. I know my request may seem
strange and unsolicited but I will plead you view it seriously,but
before we proceed,I will like to know more about you,any possible
information that you can tell me about yourself,this is very important
to me because I will like to work with someone I can trust and I will
like to know who I am dealing with and also to be sure that my share of
the money will be protected as soon as the money is transferred to your
nominated account.



The amount involved is $9m, and we share the money
equal, that is why I want someone that is trust worthy, that will not
toy with the transaction because I have worked out all the possibilities
to ensure a smooth transaction with the bank and it takes me one year
before considering doing this transaction. I am sorry if I am asking so
much,you don't need to blame me because I want to play safe.



As
quickly as I receive your return mail, I will draft an application
format that you will send to my bank or you will send a letter to my
bank (Ecobank Plc) to the director foreign operation for the claims of
your cousin's estate as the next of kin. I will be in the bank to
monitor the processing of your payment approval



I will also like to
talk with you before going to the next stage.please provide a contact
number to reach you.



Thank you

Julius Obi.

+234-7028043977"

It is a fake, i think so

What is your surname?

Anonymous said...

dont respond to them. any response probably puts you on their list of emails that a person actually reads. then who knows how many more lists you will be on

Anonymous said...

i received two of these from mr. obi. we are a lucky bunch.

Anonymous said...

I have recieved this same E-mail and thought it was a scam...I geuss i was right. Im glad i did a google search before replying