Saturday 9 June 2007

Saddest songs

Daniel has been speculating on the saddest moments in songs.

The following list compiled the 25 saddest songs in the whole wide world. However, this is a little suspect as it includes Everybody Hurts, whose central premise surely is one of hope?

I need songs without hope I'm afraid. As George Costanza once said it's the hope that kills me - hopelessness is my only hope.

So, my top 10 songs of sheer heartbreak and despair are as follows:

10. For no one - The Beatles (..and in her eyes you see nothing)
9. Dry your eyes - The Streets (Try and pull her close out of bare desperation)
8. Father and Son - Cat Stevems (I know, I have to go)
7. Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley (..it's a cold and broken hallelujah)
6. The River - Bruce Springsteen (I act like I don't remember, Mary acts like she don't care)
5. You're the one - Kate Bush (..there's just one problem...you're the only one I want)
4. Accidental Babies - Damien Rice (Is he dark enough? enough to see your light?)
3. Burn - Ray La Montagne (..and I will stand here, and burn in my skin)
2. No Surprises - Radiohead (a heart that's full up like a landfill..)
1. Hurt - Johnny Cash (I hurt myself today...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

not over the ex, eh.