Monday 30 July 2007

Wife material

What is wife material would you say? I mean, husband material is clearly gore tex. It's reliable, hard wearing and will keep you safe and dry - every girl's dream.

But wife material? Silk would be nice, and if it was socially acceptable I would wear silk underwear every day. Costanza would wear only velvet and I can see his point. But both are unsuitable as a wife material. It's the equivalent of marrying a glamour model; great to begin with but ultimately it can never work.

Lycra? Too scary. Wool? Too right wing. Hemp? Too left wing. Cotton? Maybe... yes, I could marry cotton. Or linen, could that work?

But what about these new hybrid materials as a wife material?

To paraphrase Jerry Seinfeld when describing his shirt: "Half silk, half cotton, half linen, how can you go wrong?"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd go for Modal - soft, smooth, strong, figure hugging and damn sexy.

And I'm biased - my favourite underwear is made of Modal.

Anonymous said...

This is a very witty post. A five star post, I would say....but just two questions. What about those who are just so "full of flannel"? And...how is it that wearing silk underwear everyday is socially unacceptable? ? ? Just how many people is it who would actually know you were wearing silk undies...everyday? ;)

As for modal...it is soft and doesn't fibrillate, so that's good. Seems Victoria's angels are sporting modal in their supersoft panties this season but I am concerned to its environmental impact as it's made from trees. Seems a shame to cut down a whole tree just to cover one's bum!

All of the above are random thoughts...before morning tea. Z :)

Rob said...

Oooh...Modal!