Wednesday 21 March 2007

Male Friendships

One of the things that I really love about being a boy is having male relationships. Not that type, you smutty fools. The ones that are rock steady and unchanging.

So I have a mate - the Ginger Giant* - who I last saw in Sydney at Crimbo. Have not heard from him since. No idea what he's doing with his stupid life. Today I got a text from him and all it said was:

"I love you like my little poohs. I am so bored in my life."

My best mate, Whytey only ever talks to me about sport, even though he's having a baby and is moving into Steed Malbranque's house in 2 weeks and has just moved jobs. Yesterday's update was:

"Inzy reminds me of Chewbacca"

Inzy is the Pakistan cricket captain (see below) and I am sure we can all agree, he does.









I could reply immediately or in 6 months or in 6 years and it would all be fine. If I needed him to do something then he'd do it, no questions asked, nothing needed in return. It's brilliant and I love the low maintenanceosity of it all.

* He's 6'8 and bright ginger - what would you call him?