Sunday 1 April 2007

Annual Hockey Ball

To London's glamorous West End, and the annual end of season Spencer Hockey Ball. I can feel your jealousy. And what a splendid time it was. Everyone was there, from the Doc and JP skulking (with me) largely on the sidelines, Francis and Kirk, the smoothest operators in the world and Kerr, the professional Aussie. I took not one but TWO dates with me, and very well received they were too.

In a surprise move, I was voted Player of the Season. I should reassure you, my fans, that I am going to try hard not to be changed personally by this honour. So many people have won this award and let the success go to their heads, but not me. I am going to continue to give to you, my people.

I did some sort of reluctant ironic dancing, which was in stark contrast to Hendy, who sort of comes alive with loads of surprise moves when on the dance floor. Its quite a spectacle. I prefer to sort of lurk in dark corners, moving as little as possible, hands in pockets except for the occasional air guitar or microphone when the riddims get me.

No comments: