Saturday 14 April 2007

Things

I almost have too many things to say today. I spent most of the day lying in the sun, playing occasional hockey and reading the papers.

The papers are the best thing about the UK. They are the best in the world, bar none, without exception. The Guardian used to be shit but it is now without parallel. It is unblievably good, unbelievable value, brilliantly written, brave, funny, interesting. I would pay £5 for it, easily. Same with The Times.

We don't know how lucky we are either. Try living in Australia for a while and wait for a well balanced or thought provoking article. It's like they're written by brain washed adolescents from the same tiny village.

So today we were talking about The Lives of Others - I want to see it, no one will come with me - the idea of a central database for scientific experiments (I am in favour, but I love a good database) the rise of moral relativism and the vaccuum it creates, and London's best restaurants. Then we talked about girls.

But for a while there it was like Radio 4.

No comments: