Thursday 26 April 2007

Bow Quarter

Oooh. The place where I live was in the Guardian yesterday which was sort of exciting. I wonder if I should feel guilty about living in a 'gated' development but then I think I have much more important things to feel guilty about so I stop.

Bow Quarter is where Bryant & May used to make matches and anyway all the girls who worked in the factory got this thing where their jaws sort of fell off from the phosphorous ('phossie jaw') and so Annie Besant led the first strike here. I like that. I live opposite the factory kitchens where all the girls came for their cheese sandwiches.



Dusty, the resident obese cat, is now outside staring at the window hungrily like the chunky feline he is.




If he were bigger, a lion say, I would be afraid. As it is, I am going to go out and tickle his chubby little cheeks.

I like that too.

No comments: