Thursday 5 April 2007

Easter

Easter is a funny time of year for me. I have this feeling of new beginnings and new life - the creative force - and I feel the need to sew some seeds, to create. I feel the sun on my face and the sap rises.

So off I go, with a hopeful heart and heavy wallet to make my traditional trip to a GARDEN CENTRE. Here, I defy all previous evidence and logic and invest heavily in PLANTS. I went to Growing Concerns, my local garden centre today and swooped for a whole load of things which will be dead by Tuesday because I forget to do the watering. This time I sagely bought special gel granules that soak up water and release it later, like a banana dispensing energy on a long run, or a single mother lovingly rationing out crack to her brood of smackheads lest they run out before giro day.

Last year I sat and watched, dazed and stupified, as my relationship fell apart and a tree which I really loved and cost about a million pounds slowly died in my garden, sapped of all moisture. It was a metaphor, and I failed to see it at the time.

This Easter I am off to Liverpool to see the Mumski, Step Dad, Grandparents and Australian relatives, including some amusing small cousins.

To the many millions of you who now read this blog, have a very Happy Easter and may whatever God you've gone with, bless you.

ps Good luck to the Harrisons who, though hard to believe, are in the process of creative work even more important than mine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Rob. Just a word of update: the Harrison creation is complete, and is more beautiful than you could ever imagine...

Anonymous said...

BTW, that is a comment on her beauty, not on your lack of imagination...