Monday 5 February 2007

Poultry Stakeholder Community

Today a Minister actually said the words ‘Poultry Stakeholder Community’ before Parliament. After the initial shock of worrying who this might or might not include, I realised that we are, as a nation, far more at risk of managementese than we are of bird flu.

The response should be similar however. We should simply slaughter 150,000 management consultants and dump them in a decontaminated grave in Staffordshire, to be rid of this curse forever.

I'd include myself but technically I'm on sabbatical.

3 comments:

Dan said...

Are you sure he didn't say "Paltry Stakeholder Community"? I like that joke, and it's the second time I've used it in less than a week:

http://littleredboat.co.uk/?p=2575#comments

Please can you confirm the selection methodology for the 150,000 Management Consultants? Is it a random selection? Would you top-slice the partners and Managing Consultants? Or would you select specific "brands" of consultant?

Your thoughts would be welcomed.

Rob said...

It's a good question Dan. I'd leave techies like you because I've felt all warm towards you all since reading 'A Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time'. Unless they work for Accenture. That doesn't leave many, so I'd put the rest of them in a room and play buzz word bingo with the losers being evicted, and 'sent to Staffordshire'.

Andrea said...

If it was a cow virus would it be a Steakholder Community?

Geddit?

Steakholder.